Basic Proofreading Rates & Services
I take pride in the services I provide.
- Standard services 49-72 hours: $0.45 per page.
- Rush services 25-48 hours: $0.60 per page.
- Expedite 12-24 hours: $0.80 per page.
- ASAP Less than 12 hours: $1.00 per page.
- Expert or technical testimony: add $0.10 per page.
- Inadequately scoped or dirty copy: add $0.10 per page. I will notify you within the first 10 to 20 pages.
- Proofread to audio using Express Scribe: $1.30 per page. Standard turn around only of 49-72 hours.
- Weekends rates follow above pricing. No additional charge.
- Holidays: $0.60 per page.
- More than 25 lines per page: add $0.05 per page.
- Work received after 5:00 p.m. will be considered received the next business day at 8:00 a.m.
I negotiate agency rates on a case-by-case basis.
Discounts Effective November 1, 2018
- I currently offer a one-time referral discount of $10 for each new referral. Just mention the court reporter who referred me to you and I will give them $10 off their next invoice. (They have to be my client.)
- I currently offer a 10% discount to new clients on their first invoice.
Bloggers & Small Businesses
- Standard 49-72 hours: $30.00 per hour
- Rush 25-48 hours: $35.00 per hour
- Expedite 24 hours or less: $40.00 per hour
Finally, invoices for completed work are sent out as jobs are completed, and your payment is due immediately. If you are a repeat/established client, we can discuss your preferred payment schedule. A late payment fee of $10 will be applied to all late invoices. For each additional month of nonpayment, a $10 late fee will also be added to your balance until paid in full. Furthermore, if you have an outstanding invoice for more than 30 days, no new work will be accepted until your past due invoices are paid in full. Payments are accepted through CashApp $WyrdPeggy, PayPal.me/WyrdServices or through your invoices using WePay.
How I Proofread & What To Expect.
E-mail your clean scoped work to me in PDF format.
For the proofreading process, I will respond as soon as I receive your e-mail confirming the rates that I will charge you and the due date of that assignment. For more substantial jobs over 200 pages, please send it to me in sections of 100 pages at a time rather than holding on to the job until you’ve completed your work. If you prefer you can also make your batches when the judge breaks for recess or adjourns. That way, as you’re working on a portion, I can get a head start, and we can get through the case faster together. Think of me as an extension of you. This is how I work to help you succeed.
Style & Resources:
I will have each client complete a preference style sheet. This sheet will be a hierarchy to all of my other resources. The sheet is available at the bottom of this page.
Morson’s English Guide for Court Reporters, Court Reporting: Bad Grammar/Good Punctuation, The Gregg Reference Manual, The Chicago Manual of Style, Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary. Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and unfamiliar technical terminology will be verified using various online resources.
I will mark all of my corrections and suggestions in red and yellow markings. Then I will only return the annotated pages. You will also receive a separate list of the changes that I made to your transcript via e-mail.
*Pricing is subject to change Jan 1st of each year.
*This website also contains affiliate links which may result in me being financially compensated for purchases site visitors make through said links.
Join our newsletter.
Subscribe to get our latest content via email.